Saturday, October 24, 2015

Extended Annotated Bibliography

Sivakumaran, Sandesh. "European Journal of International Law." Sexual Violence Against Men in Armed Conflict. Oxford Journals, 2007. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://ejil.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/2/253.short>.

This source is about how men are victims of sexual violence in armed conflicts. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions, which was "What are the main/key arguments for both sides?" This source made me understand how men are sexually assaulted in armed conflict (military). 


Hunter, John A., Jr., Lenard J. Lexier, Dennis W. Goodwin, Patsy A. Browne, and Christine Dennis. "Psychosexual, Attitudinal, and Developmental Characteristics of Juveni." Le Female Sexual Perpetrators in a Residential Treatment Setting. Kluwer Academic Publishers-Human Sciences Press, 1993. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01321228>.

This source is about female sexual perpetrators. A survey was conducted on 10 juvenile sexual offenders (in a residential treatment program). This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "What are the main/key arguments for both sides?" From reading this article, I learned more about female sexual perpetrators and how men are also victims of sexual violence. 


Russell, Wynne. "Sexual Violence Against Men and Boys." Research Gate. Forced Migration Review, 3 Feb. 2014. Web. 24 Oct. 2015.<http://www.researchgate.net/publication/260002638_Conflict-related_sexual_violence_against_men_and_boys>.

This source is about sexual violence against men and boys. This article is about how women are not the only victims of sexual violence. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "What can people do to resolve this controversy?" I learned that "systematic collection of data is vital." (Russell, 2015) I learned that men/boys need to report being sexually assaulted so that the statistics would be more accurate (and men wouldn't be under-represented). 


Gershon, Livia. "When Women Sexually Assault Men." Pacific Standard, 9 Oct. 2014. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://www.psmag.com/politics-and-law/women-sexually-assault-men-92099>.

This source is about women sexually assaulting men. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "What are the main/key arguments for both sides?" I learned that
women being the only victims of sexual violence is just a misconception. 


Rosin, Hanna. "Men Are Raped Almost as Often as Women in America. We Need to Talk About This. ." When Men Are Raped. The Slate Group, 29 Apr. 2014. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/04/male_rape_in_america_a_new_study_reveals_that_men_are_sexually_assaulted.html>.

This source is about how men are raped almost as often as women in America. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "What are the main/key arguments for both sides?" I learned that men are also victims of sexual violence (rape), NOT JUST WOMEN!


Penn, Nathaniel. ""Son, Men Don't Get Raped"" GQ. GQ Longform, 2014. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://www.gq.com/long-form/male-military-rape>.

This source is about how men are victims of sexual violence even though they are perceived as the ones who do it to females. This article talks about men being victims of sexual violence in the military. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "How does the media react to sexual violence in general?" I learned that men are under-represented when it comes to being sexually assaulted because men are usually perceived as the ones who do it.


Kassie, Emily. "Male Victims Of Campus Sexual Assault Speak Out‘We're Up Against A System That's Not Designed To Help Us'" The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 2 Feb. 2015. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27/male-victims-sexual-assault_n_6535730.html>.

This source is about male victims who were sexually assaulted on campus. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "How does the media react to sexual violence in general?" I learned that there are cases where men are sexually assaulted on campus. Also, I learned how there are people who are trying to speak up about this issue and make a difference in the world. 


Munro, Kali. "Male Sexual Abuse Victims of Female Perpetrators." KaliMunrocom. Kali Munro, 2002. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://kalimunro.com/wp/articles-info/sexual-emotional-abuse/male-sexual-abuse-victims-of-female-perpetrators>.

This source is about men being sexually abused by female perpetrators. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "What are the main/key arguments for both sides?" I learned about male victims who were sexually abused by female perpetrators. This helped me understand more about how men are also victims of sexual violence. 


Carlson, Eric Stener. "THE HIDDEN PREVALENCE OF MALE SEXUAL ASSAULT DURING WAR: Observations on Blunt Trauma to the Male Genitals." The British Journal of Criminology 46.1 (2006): 16-25. Female Perpetrators and Male Victims of Sexual Assault: Why They Are so Invisible. Forge, Jan. 2009. Web. 24 Oct. 2015. <http://forge-forward.org/wp-content/docs/Female-perpetrators-and-male-victims-why-they-are-invisible_mjw.pdf>.

This source is about female perpetrators and how men are victims of sexual assault. This source explains how men are often seen as "invisible" since many people think women are the victims of sexual assault. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "What are the main/key arguments for both sides?"


Kingkade, Tyler. "Males Are More Likely To Suffer Sexual Assault Than To Be Falsely Accused Of It." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 8 Dec. 2014. Web. 25 Oct. 2015. <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/08/false-rape-accusations_n_6290380.html>.

This source is about how men are more likely to be victims of sexual assault rather than being falsely accused of the crime. This source helped me answer one of my focusing questions which was "How does the media react to sexual violence in general?" This source was actually one of the most interesting ones out of all of them. I never knew that males were more likely to be victims of sexual assault compared to being falsely accused of it! I thought it was the complete opposite!

No comments:

Post a Comment