Friday, October 30, 2015

10.7 Considering Types

I will be using the "Position Argument" for my public argument. Using the Casual, Evaluative, Proposal, and Refutation Argument would also work but I decided that the Position Argument would work the best for my public argument.

The Position Argument would work the best for my public argument since I am defending a specific position/idea for my controversial debate. "In this argument, you would defend a specific policy, position, or idea in a controversial debate." (Minnix/Young, 2012) I chose to use this type for my public argument since this allows me to create my own defenses of this position. Not only that, but a Position Argument allows me to "defend either side of this issue with arguments that would work for a specific audience." (Minnix/Young, 2012)

1 comment:

  1. Great job on describing and quoting the text. I think that after reading your topic of choice and your audience, you have chosen a suitable style to move forward with. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete