Saturday, October 24, 2015

9.2 Clarity Part 2

1. Emphasize Key Ideas-

I learned that it is very important to emphasize key ideas in an essay because it makes it a lot easier for the audience to understand the overall message. I learned that Coordination are ideas nearly equal in importance. I learned that using Coordination to combine sentences would really make my essay stronger.

"Wynne Russell published the article “Sexual Violence Against Men and Boys” to prove that women are not the only victims of sexual violence." (Saito, 2015) 


2. Tighten Wordy Sentences- 

I tend to write wordy sentences sometimes. I learned that it is important to avoid writing wordy sentences and I can avoid doing this by combining sentences. This makes it a lot easier for the readers to understand the overall message of a specific sentence (since it would be shorter and more concise).

"Russell uses multiple rhetorical strategies such as credibility, logic, and emotion to prove his overall message to the audience." (Saito, 2015)


3. Eliminated Distracting Shifts- 

I learned that it is very important to eliminate distracting shifts. Also, I learned that there are three different types of moods in English. This includes, Indicative, Imperative, and Subjunctive. I learned that it is important to use these appropriately and to avoid using distracting shifts.

4. Choose Appropriate Language-

I learned that it is very important to choose appropriate language. Word choice really matters when writing any written piece. It is important to avoid using slang. Also, it is important to know when to be formal and informal.





1 comment:

  1. "Hi Anthony, Good job using "published" as the active verb in your example sentence. You also have great descriptions for each of the skills you have learned.

    ReplyDelete