Wednesday, October 7, 2015

7.3 Analyzing My Audience For Project #2

                                
                                  7.3 Analyzing My Audience For Project #2 

  • Who am I writing for? What are the audience's beliefs and assumptions?

I am writing to everyone who believes that women are the only ones who face sexual violence because that is not true! Men/boys are also in danger of sexual violence but they are just under represented. 


  • What position might they take on this issue? How will I need to respond to this position? 

They would most likely argue that men are usually the perpetrators which is not always the case. There are many cases where the perpetrators are women. I would respond by giving examples of real life cases (of women being the perpetrators). 


  • What will they want to know? 

I believe that the audience would want to know other ways men/boys are victims of sexual violence. 


  • How might they react to my argument? 

I believe that the audience would either agree/disagree with my argument. Also, I think some individuals would be shocked to hear that men/boys are also victims of sexual violence. Since many people believe that women are the only victims of sexual violence, which is not true! 


  • How am I trying to relate to or connect with my audience? 

I am trying to connect with my audience by informing them that women are not the only victims of sexual violence. I am trying to change their mind set because men are also victims of sexual violence. Men/boys are just under-represented, which is very unfortunate. 


  • Are there specific words, ideas, or modes of presentation that will help me relate to them in this way? 

I will be using credible sources, which will help the audience relate to them in this specific way. 





No comments:

Post a Comment