Saturday, November 7, 2015

11.3 Outlining My Public Argument


Introduction

For my introduction paragraph, I have decided to use Option #1, which is "Connect the Issue to Your Audience's World View." I chose to use this one because I believe that connecting my argument to my audience's values, ideals, politics, etc will make my overall essay more persuading.

1. Address the argument that "women are not the only victims of sexual violence."
2. Briefly talk about how men are also in danger of sexual violence.
3. Use examples that relates/connects to this argument and the audience.



Developing Strong
  
For my body paragraphs...

1. Explain why this is an important topic/controversy.
2. Explain in more detail how men are also in danger of sexual violence. (By using examples/other sources.)
3. What others/media is saying about this topic. 
4. The positive/negative consequences and how to get the audience to take action.
 


Concluding Strategies 

For my conclusion paragraph, I have decided to use Option #3, which is "Positive Consequences." I chose to use this one because I believe it is the most effective method to persuade the audience to take action.


1. List possible solutions to resolve this controversy.
2. Explain the positive/negative consequences.
3. Briefly summarize everything stated in the essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment