Saturday, September 19, 2015

                                         4.8 Reflection on Project 1 Draft 


I peer reviewed Scott Weber and Steven Duron drafts. Overall, I believe that they did a good job writing their first draft. I got to understand more about their controversies and how the QRG is different within their fields.


I want to be honest by saying that I am not a fan of the peer reviewing process. Most people might think that reading what other people said would help but to me it doesn't. If the teacher peer reviews my paper that's a different story. When other people peer reviews my draft, it can often be confusing and frustrating. It often is confusing to me because people say completely different things about a specific statement on my essay. For example, one person might say that my thesis sentence is strong and a different person would disagree. Most of the time I disagree with what they say, which makes it frustrating and confusing. I like having my teacher peer review my essay and not other people since they can be misleading and tell me things that are not true!

1 comment:

  1. I found your post really interesting. I feel like received good feedback from those that reviewed my project but I have had peer-reviewing instances in other classes where people either did care and gave bad feedback or had it out for me and purposefully gave me negative feedback. Do you think there any way in which peer reviewing can be helpful? Even if it's just seeing it other people like your work or you learning something from reviewing other people work?

    ReplyDelete