Saturday, August 29, 2015


                                                           1.8 My Writing Process 


1. What type of writer to you consider yourself to be? 

I consider myself to be a Heavy Reviser. I am a Heavy Reviser because I like to write all of my ideas down first before editing my written piece. This makes it easier to write an essay and it makes me feel less frustrated. 


2. Does your writing process include several of the above approaches? If so, which ones? 

No, my writing process does not include several of the approaches. I consider myself to be more of a Heavy Reviser. But like most people, I can sometimes be a Procrastinator. Everyone procrastinates so it's normal. Finding a way out of it is the only thing that matters and most of the time I am able to do just that. 


3. Does your writing process seem to be successful? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your approach? 

I find my writing process to be successful. The strengths of being a Heavy Reviser is that I am able to write all of my ideas down which makes me feel less frustrated. Also, this allows me to make my essay more meaningful. I do not find this approach to have any weaknesses besides procrastinating. 


4. Do you think it might be beneficial for you to try a different approach? Why or why not? 

I truly believe that my approach is very successful. Also, I believe that trying a different approach is very beneficial. Sequential Composer is a very clever approach in writing since these types of writers spend the same amount of time for each draft. Planning, drafting, and revising is very important when it comes to writing a well written and meaningful essay. 



Reflection:

What surprised me the most was the fact that most of the students said they were Heavy Revisers. I thought that most people would be Sequential Composers. I am a Heavy Reviser but I know that in elementary, middle, and high school, we were all taught to write several drafts. We were all taught that planning, drafting, and revising was the best way to write a well written essay. But for me, being a Heavy Reviser has made me into the writer I am today. This approach allowed me to write many meaningful and well written essays. Being a Heavy Reviser allows me to get all of my ideas down on paper, feel less frustrated, and it makes it a lot easier to write an essay. I hate forgetting a really good idea and not adding it to my essay. Although being a Heavy Reviser may not be the best approach, I personally find it to be a successful writing approach.


The blogs I commented on are as follows:  Steven Duron and Oscar Acosta 


Lim Walter, "A Reminder to Slay the Procrastination Beast" October 8, 2014 via Flickr
Attribution 2.0 Generic License 






3 comments:

  1. Hi Anthony, on your #3 I also believe that a strength of being a "Heavy Reviser" aids in generating a meaningful piece of written work. I also greatly enjoy the quote from your picture. I personally like to like the quote" What is not started today is never finished tomorrow." – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also consider myself a heavy reviser and I can relate to your process as a writer because I like to write all of my ideas down first before editing my written piece as well.

    I also think you’re right about procrastination; finding a way out of it is definitely important. I find that procrastination can really be a terrible enemy to accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anthony !

    I was able to relate with #1 of your writing progress post. I am to a heavy reviser because I also believe it is best to write down all your ideas then editing your ideas after. This is most definitely not something to be ashamed of.

    ReplyDelete