Saturday, August 29, 2015

                                                     1.9 Calendar Reflection

Basically my weekly calendar consists of doing homework, studying for exams, hanging out with friends, and doing extracurricular activities. I believe that I can successfully complete all of the coursework this semester because I am planning on spending more than 6 hours on homework for this class. Everyone procrastinates but I am going to stay focus and do well academically. Doing other activities besides studying/doing homework is very important when it comes to doing well in school. That is why I included many other extracurricular activities in my calendar. Besides not procrastinating, I plan on working very hard in my other classes. I will spend equal amounts of time studying for each of my classes, even if I have a heavier work load in another class. Making a weekly calendar will definitely make me successful not only in this class but all of my other classes as well.


Reflection: 

When reading other people's weekly schedules, I was actually very surprised. One person said he would spend 12 hours per week on homework which is not a lot of time. This class requires at least 6 hours per week on homework (and this is only for ONE CLASS). Also what surprised me the most was the fact that some people did not include other activities besides studying in their schedules. Having extracurricular activities is very important when it comes to doing well in school. Everyone needs time to relax and clear their minds. Everyone just needs to know how to balance school with their extracurricular activities.

The blogs I commented on are as follows: Christopher Gentry and Scott Weber 


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are committing a solid number of hours to this course. Might I suggest you commit specific days and times so that you can protect your days and times. For example, M/W/F 9-11am. If you consistently do that you'll keep a schedule and when someone asks "hey, want to go to brunch" you can say "thanks, but I've got class." In other words, treat these scheduled days/times like f2f class time and you are more likely to stick to them!

    ReplyDelete